Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 2: Bring on the Brady Bunch!

Day 2 of 100, and we're going to have a full house. We're watching my sister's 3 kids, in addition to our own 3, for the next week. It's going to be an adventure! Normally--no, it used to be--I would respond to the inevitable stress of kids fighting and such by stuffing my face. But not anymore. Now, I take better care of myself by breathing, by praying, by expressing myself in writing, using my words to solve problems, instead of abusing my body with too much food. "Hello, my name is Grace, and I'm a recovering food-a-holic."

Other people's responses to situations are not my responsibility--only my own. As for my children, I need to help guide their responses but realize that the choices they make are still--even though having children feels 'like having part of my heart walking around outside my body'--their own.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."--1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)

Breathe You Are Alive

following the breath breathing in, I calm my body. breathing out, I smile. dwelling in the present moment, I know this is a wonderful moment!

· Artist: Jody Uttal

· Medium: Watercolor

· http://www.everypicture.com/original-art/jody-uttal/2298/breathe-you-are-alive.html

No comments:

Post a Comment