Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 3 -- fending off fretting

I return to work tomorrow, after 10 weeks off with the baby. I vacillate between eagerness and dread. I am fending of fretting by blogging.

Yesterday was particularly full day, with our first Bible Quiz meet of the year (Viv's first ever), plus a wedding that just Delia and I attended. My biggest weight battle success of the day was resisting the platters full of cookies at the reception after the wedding. Instead of indulging, I loaded a small paper plate with 5 or 6 elegant cookies and took them back to Viv to enjoy. It was a self-sacrificial, satisfying solution to my dilemma: I love cookies, but I love my daughter even more -- enough to save the cookies for her (and helping myself out in the process).

Today has been less victorious, but not horrible. I did eat a cookie Tom brought home from Subway, but only 1, and it was oatmeal raisin (which bears some redeeming nutritional qualities). Just now, I ate some French toast with syrup, but it was Monks Bread minus high fructose corn syrup, and the syrup I used on top was Brown's Berry Patch hot apple cinnamon syrup that seemed more wholesome than Aunt Jemima's. I really ought to get out for a walk today, but I'll have to wait for Tom to get home from his book talk (and for the French toast to settle).

That's all for now. This seems dull, but somehow I need to write it. And anyway, it's just me for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment