Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 1 (no, really this time)

It's October, a wonderful and terrible month. Today was beautiful. Right now is not-so-fun because Will is working and somehow I find it extra vexing (distressing and depressing) when Will works on Friday nights. Not that it's his fault, and I'm grateful he has a steady job, yadda-yadda...

I fear I'm running out of time before the baby wakes up and needs me, so I'll sum up by saying: The 2 best things I did today for my health:

1) I went for a walk. It wasn't a long walk, but it was something. And that's better than nothing. The sun was shining, and the outing improved my mood.

2) I ate a sweet potato for supper, with a little bit of butter and some cinnamon on top. Surprisingly yummy, and loaded with antioxidants, or so I'm told.

One last bit about my mood(s). Lately, I've been feeling these flashes of anger. At what, I'm not sure. But recently -- as in the past couple days -- I've wondered if it isn't anxiety masquerading as anger. I have plenty of reasons to feel anxious, but also -- and God, help me to remember this -- the ultimate reason to feel calm and sure: Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace. "He himself is (my) peace..." Ephesians 2:13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment